Gunmen have abducted students of another government secondary school in Zamfara State.
The latest attack occurred at Jangebe in the Talata-Mafara local government area.
The commissioner for information, Hon. Suleiman Tunau Anka, confirmed the incidents to Dailytimes in a phone call, saying the gunmen stormed the school about 1 a.m. today and kidnapped the students.
However, he did not confirm how many students had been abducted.
SP Muhammad Shehu, Police Public Relations Officer in Zamfara, said he was unable to respond when contacted.
He said, “Give me some time, I can’t say anything now.”
Sadi Kawaye, a resident of Kawaye village told our reporters that his daughters, Mansura and Sakina were among those abducted.
“I’m on my to Jangebe now to see the situation myself. I was told they invaded the school around 1am,” he told our reporter over the phone.
One of the school staff, who pleaded for anonymity, said the bandits arrived in the school around 1.a.m on Friday with Hilux vehicles and motorcycles and forcefully evacuated the students.
He narrated that some of the bandits were in uniforms and pretended to be security personnel, then later broke into the students hostels and abducted more than 300 students.